Tuesday, January 11, 2005 at 5:00PM
SharePoint RSS/ATOM reader
XSL converts RSS to a native Windows SharePoint Services DataViewWebPart DWP file.
- No binaries, installation or server configuration necessary.
- Supports RSS versions 0.90, 0.91, 0.92, 1.0, and 2.0.
- Supports the Atom Syndication Format 0.3.
- Supports Microsoft's Channel Definition Format.
- Html output is similar to the links list summary view.
- Title, Description, and DetailLink come from the RSS channel element.
- RSS 2.0's time to live attribute or RSS 1.0's syndication module are used to determine cache time for the webpart.
- Please email me any suggestions/bugs/fixes.
- Absolutely free: MIT License.
- Does not support feeds requiring authentication.
- Sometimes doesn't support feeds containing accents.
The service has moved to SharePointRSS.com, but it's currently down. I'm looking for replacement hosting.